Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All About Melinda

I was accosted yesterday by my friend Melinda. It seems she took exception to the fact that she had been my friend longer than some others and yet had had a blog dedicated to her.

Had she scrolled back she would have seen the blog which addressed her attempt at Twittering. Within 2 days she had 4 followers; 1 friend, 1 spouse , someone else and Mark – the rich guy. Within 3 days, Mark – the rich guy had left. Hmmmmmmm

So let me tell you about Melinda. A tall ravishing beauty with auburn hair that glistens in the sunlight. Eyes – two – deep and dark and mysterious, but always with a twinkle; a hint, of something yet to come.

Her skin is like alabaster with an almost like porcelain quality to it. And that smile – well that smile can outshine any star in the sky.

Her wit is quick and sometimes, rare mind you, but sometimes cutting. When she laughs the whole world laughs with her. When you are with her you want the minutes to tick so slowly – perhaps at half time so that each minute turns to hours and each hour turns to days. There is never enough time to be with Melinda.

When you are away from her it is like a deep cavernous well that you need to occupy with something until you meet again.

Yes this is all about Melinda. And so Melinda I hope you enjoy this blog.

And to you I dedicate this song by the Pipettes: Because It’s Not Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sONmpGNq5Ps&feature=related

And so it goes.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, it is the best damn blog you have written! (sorry Dee Dee!! Yours was good too though!!) Seriously, I did not want a blog dedicated to me, I am not that petty ...am I?? Nevertheless I will appreciate this blog forever...it brings a tear to my eye, oh no wait, I have 2 of them, so rather it brings tears to my eyes!!
    hugs and kisses
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS....Just a heads up (no, not that one), Pat Magroin is feeling a bit hurt that he does not have a blog spot dedicate to him yet, you know how sensitive Mr.Magroin can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melinda :) I agree, this is a beautiful post.
    Danil Rede sure knows how to make us feel super special, doesn't he?
    DH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes he does DH, he is absolutely one of a kind. A real treasure.

    ReplyDelete