Saturday, March 7, 2009

Food Glorious Food

We have Olivor to thank for that song.

So I just finished a deeee-licious meal. Now remember one man's poison is another man's meal. I had cravings, I wanted something yummy, something fulfilling, cheap, easy ( I know your laughing at cheap and easy), and satisfying. "What did I have?" you ask. I had the most delicious 7-11 spicy swiss cheese hot dog. And it was mmmmm, mmmmm, good.

I know some of you are probably turning your nose up at this, but let me tell you it hit the spot.

Recently a friend of mine, Lily, drove with friends to Vineland for brunch. Yes brunch in Vineland. For those of you who don't know, Vineland is about an hour outside of Toronto give or take 15 minutes. I heard the brunch was delicious, and being near the water, yadda, yadda, yadda, it was worth the drive. For me, I would've needed to stop along the way for a snack. But Lily has never been a 7-11 kinda girl. She is Vineland all the way.

And just in case any of you are interested, dessert was 3 home made mini Empire Cookies.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Empire-Cookies/Detail.aspx

I am full and I am filled.

And so it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know it doesn't take much to make you happy. Next time you are over, remind me just to bbq you a hot dog...I'll even throw on a slice of cheese for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me right. 7-11? What's that??
    Didn't need to stop for a snack on the way to Vineland since we loaded the car up with Timmy's coffee and timbits....

    By the way, how come you didn't share any of your Empire cookies with me?

    Lily

    ReplyDelete