Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day


I bet you thought I was going to write something exciting about St. Patrick. Nope, not today.


Instead I have a question - why are straight guys so hung (pardon the pun) up on removing their shorts with having their towel wrapped around them ? Does it have to do with shrinkage ? I don't think so. Modesty - nah. I believe it hearkens back to some weird paranoia that everyone is trying to catch a glimpse of the great white snake. But really is it that important? I mean who doesn't compare. Now we're not talking inch by inch (and for some of us, inch by inch by inch by inch by inch) but you do want to know how you size up with the competition.


We check out the biceps, we check out the pegs, the shoulders, but wanger ????????? Never !! Hide, turn away, run. Don't check out the equipment. Now personally I think checking out the equipment is as naturally as breathing .


So on the spring day, let's not only celebrate St. Patrick but celebrate the wanger. Show it off, be proud, swing it like a gate, hang it like a picture.


And so it goes.

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya - I giggle when I see them do that, I let it hang when I walk thru the locker room without covering up - no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, looks like spring is in the air.....it's always spring for you !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, let it all hang out! There is no shrinkage here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is all about the wanger..didn't we agree to call it Bob??

    ReplyDelete