Monday, March 23, 2009

How Lucky


Isn’t it nice when the unexpected happens ?

I was supposed to be at work this morning to attend a Union – Management meeting. Neither here nor there for me to attend, I was planning to present to the Union information about the new project I am working on. Well yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from my boss, Celeste, advising me that the meeting was canceled and I was free to take the whole day off. What a nice surprise.

I went grocery shopping, stopped at Walmart and picked up glucosamine and chondrotin pills (for my dogs). And headed to the waterfront. And here I am at T&T having a delicious lunch of squid and noodles, looking at the boats, the water, the birds, and sighing.

How lucky I am!

Lucky that I have a boss who is thoughtful and caring; lucky to have a job that I can take a day off from; lucky that I live in a city which is clean and livable; and lucky that I can afford to eat squid and noodles.

We (I) often take those very simple things for granted.

I hope to catch myself and stop myself from looking / focusing on the ½ empty cup. And if I do, then I hope you will set me straight – well as straight as you can.
And so it goes.

1 comment:

  1. So true, it really is the little things in life that make life great.

    ReplyDelete