Friday, March 20, 2009

Don't EVER Let This Happen To Me


I had a near death experience yesterday. I was in my car - driving - and I glanced into the rear view mirror. Well just the way the sun hit my head, and the way the mirror was set and the tilt, and the street I was on and the time of day, I was struck !! Struck hard. No, not by another car, nor truck, nor person. But struck by the fact that I had a single, white ear hair protruding from my right ear.


Oh Lord what is happening to me ? I am aging long before my time. My biological clock is ticking. Big Ben is swinging and head to the 12.


I immediately regained control of the wheel and veered off into a darkened alley. Carefully, ever so carefully, I made sure no one was following me. No one was around.


I turned off the engine, got some newspaper and covered all windows. I then pulled out my grooming kit. I mean what well established tried and true homosexual doesn't carry a grooming kit with him ? And I carefully plucked the single white hair from my ear.


I then pressed the car lighter still holding the single white hair in the tweezers. The lighter popped out - hot and red, ready kill this hair for good.


I opened the car door; checked - no one was around.


I set the hair on fire. Swoosh it was gone.


I moved to the trunk and pulled out my shovel. I dug a small hole in the dirt. I gathered up the ashes and buried them. There is no longer any trace of this awful event, but this blog. Should it be true.


And so it goes.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, you're getting old Danil!!! But aren't we all? Embrace your white ear hair, bead it, wait for others and braid them! Be proud that you have lived to the ripe old age where you start growing long white ear hair(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your eye sight is going too Danil, I don't think it was white, I think it was probably gray....next it will be your hearing, yeah, that's right, your hearing...then comes the dentures, aches and pains, and more. Gotta love that clock!

    ReplyDelete