Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Live in Hope -- Die in Despair


As Whitney Houston sang:


I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed At least I live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all



Long story short, I was supposed to work out with my trainer tonight and he didn't show. When I called him his response "Didn't you get any of my text messages today ?" Well obviously not. He had my number to text to, yet he didn't bother to call. He obviously was smart enough to figure out that I didn't get his messages; but did he take the next step and make a phone call ? Nope.


And then there is the Manager at the gym. He was fast enough to jump on me - not literally - when I was referring a new client to him, but I have now left 3 messages and he has yet to return any of my calls. I know for a fact he has been at work - so what is the reason ? he got what he wanted and fuck me now ?


Sucks doesn't it.


But I haven't lost all hope.


A couple years ago I had a sick dog and needed to bring him home from the hospital. I had to have help to get him home as I couldn't get him into my car. Who shows up ? - my friend in her MPV. I was over come with the appreciation that she sowed for driving an hour out of her way to help me out with my dog. Would I do the same for her - you bet. (Not in a MPV though). The point is know who you can count on and don't forget to say thank you. And for those others. Fuck them.


And so it goes.

1 comment:

  1. You can always count on me Danil. I am touched you still remember that day at the vets. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Although we live far apart, I am always there for you and I know you are for me. That is what real friendship is all about.

    ReplyDelete