Saturday, May 16, 2009

In My Life

There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments

With lovers and friends

I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all
But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

So what brought this song to mind ?

I was thinking about Shrek and how Princess Fiona had to find her one true love. This led me to think about my one true love which led me to think about things in my life. Lovers and friends.

Of all those I have been in a relationship with, there really is no one who compared to my first love - Joe. We were both so young and when we broke up and then tried to get back together I didn't want to, and then when I wanted to, he didn't, and then before we knew it was just too late.

And as for my friends, past, present, past-present, and future, there will be no one who will ever compare to, or replace, Elaine. There is nothing she doesn't know about me. We have shared vacations, war stories, the same bed, thankfully not the same men - although there were a couple of mine that she would have liked the opportunity to. We have shared that many splendored thing her and I.

I am a better person, I am the person I am, and I have so much to be thankful for because of Elaine. Through thick and thin, through being pissed off with one another, we have gotten through it all. And every road leads me back to her. So I dedicate these songs to her:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFFuz5fQfZA&feature=PlayList&p=8C6634C244412D62&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XLF4dpl9MI

















And so it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment